Player Wellness and Safety
COVID-19 Protocol & Prevention
Mustang Youth Basketball believes first and foremost on the health and safety of everyone in our youth program. The following preventative measures have been put into place to help maintain the health and wellness of our community:
- If a player is sick, or has been exposed to COVID-19 they cannot attend practices or games unless they have been released by a medical professional. No exceptions. Please contact the program director ASAP.
- Players must wear a mask entering and exiting the gym.
- No parents or siblings are allowed in the gym for practice. Please drop off.
- All players must bring their own water bottle! No sharing will be allowed.
- Players cannot bring their own basketball to practice. The program will supply basketballs that will be sanitized before and after practice.
- All players cannot high five or shake hands during practices or games.
- Players must sanitize their hands before arriving to practice and after practice.
- No waiting outside the gym for an earlier practice to end. Do not arrive early before your scheduled practice time.
- All players should shower ASAP when they get home and have their practice clothes/uniform washed.
Child Protection Policy
It is not the responsibility of anyone at Mustang Youth Athletics to decide whether or not child abuse has taken place. However, there is a responsibility to act on any concerns through contact with the appropriate authorities so that they can then make inquiries and take necessary action to protect the young person. This applies BOTH to allegations/suspicions of abuse occurring within Mustang Youth Athletics and to allegations/suspicions that abuse is taking place elsewhere.
All persons who desire to work/volunteer with the children participating in our programs and activities will be screened. This screening includes the following:
Does your athlete need that extra edge? Are they looking for greater focus and improved performance? Athletic Counseling may help take your athlete to the next level.
Mustangs Youth Basketball is a registered 501c3 not for profit
Parent and Player Responsibilities
Both forms must be signed and returned to the program director before October 1st.
If these are not returned signed we will not allow anyone to play.